What can I grow?
- Lettuce: many more types than you can find in a typical grocery store
- Basil, Cilantro, Parsley, Dill and other herbs
- Peppers of various kinds: big sweet ones, and small hot ones
- Other experiments ongoing
What have you tried to grow and it didn’t work, or not well enough?
- Radishes. The plants grow nicely, but the radish seems confused about where to grow. So we ended up with some kind of radish, but it was misshapen and had a hard skin. Some plants failed to create a bulb at all.
- Cauliflower. The plants are growing really big, but they failed to form the cauliflower head.
Can I use this system indoors?
No. This is an outdoor system that relies on the sun, which provides growing light without the cost of LEDs, installation or electricity!
The documentation is incomplete, misleading or completely wrong!
You are probably right. That’s because writing this up is work in progress, and we generally publish early and often instead of striving for perfection before posting it in public.
So: check for updates frequently, and we welcome all help: best is by sending pull (aka merge) requests to our repository on Gitlab.
I want to help
Check out our issue tracker. Find something you like to work on? Just say so in the comments.
Have an idea? Go to the same issue tracker and tell us about it.